Weight Tracker

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pre Assessment at Hospital and Doctors Office

Anytime I have an appointment coming up, the night before I never get any sleep. Needless to say, I am very tired this morning.

My first stop was the pre registration desk at Marina Del Rey Hospital. This was painless and not so many forms to sign or fill out.

Next was the lab department. These people took five vials of blood from me for various reasons.

Next was a chest xray. I guess the doctor needs these to reference during surgery.

Finally a stop to the Pre Op Nurse for the hospital part.  

Next, back to the doctors office for a EKG. I was stopped with a call right as I was getting on the elevator. The EKG machine in the doctors office had broke and now they would do EKG at hospital instead. With that done I returned back to the doctors office for a series of visits by the various nurses, clerks and doctor.

Now it is time for the nutritionist followed by lunch at the hospital cafeteria.  Hospital food is exactly that, ewww!  My other option was to leave the parking lot and drive to get something for lunch and pay another $10.00 for the parking or walk to the McDonald's a few steps away.  Yes, a McDonald's just steps  from the hospital door!

Back from lunch, the meetings continued and we were finally released just slightly after 4pm  It was a very long day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment