Weight Tracker

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Bad Food Decision

I don't know what got into me... however I must have been feeling confident with myself after the substantial weight loss.  I was by a subway and decided to order a broccoli cheddar soup.  I figured I would blend it and have a little that way. 

I was able to take 4 tablespoons of the soup before feeling full, so I pushed it aside and a couple of hours later I took another 4 tablespoons.  This was during the lunch hour.  When I got home in the evening, I was very very sick.  I had chills, then fever, and I laided in bed feeling miserable.  The heartburn associated with the soup was prevalent. 

I somehow managed to get some sleep and when I woke in the morning, all I wanted to do was throw up.  I still feel miserable and God only knows I won't be making that mistake again!!

Today in my doctor's appointment.  I am looking forward to confessing my mistake so he can scold me and so that maybe he can tell me how to get rid of this horrible feeling. 

I also want to ask him why I get winded so easily.  Before the surgery, I was able to walk a couple of blocks.  Today, I take about 10 steps and I can't move anymore.  I also hyperventilate and my brow gets sweaty... WTH?  I also need to ask him if 17 lbs lost in one week is normal. 

5 comments:

  1. it takes time to recover. i hope you get a good report and good advice from your dr. my mom used 2 devices for a long time after lung surgery .. one to enhance the breathing process and one to help expel 'junk'. always do what they say .. all, or at least most, of it is to keep you from having to go back to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tia Mity... Joann is right. You might have been able to run a mile before but your body "right now" is recovering. Remember it is all about pacing yourself. When your body, for now, tells you to stop then STOP. As for the soup next time you go to Subway just get a cup of the chicken noodle broth if some carrots and celery happen to fall into it mashe them into the broth it will be A LOT easier to process. It is a journey but you will be able to do more with TIME. Be a Doctor and have some PATIENCE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joann and I think Delilah. Your comments will help me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised that you had the "dumping" syndrome from the soup as you only have have the band and not a bypass.... I deal with dumping all the time- dizziness, nausea, sweats, vomiting- you name it. Just introduce new foods slowly and see what your body will tolerate. Also, you may want to see if you may have become lactose intolerant (which happens a lot with those who have WLS). Good luck and get ready to make lots of lifetime changes!!!

    ReplyDelete