Weight Tracker

Sunday, June 12, 2011

How I feel today

Last night was my first night back in my own bed.  I was happy to be back at home but not happy with the back pain I woke up with.  I don't know where this is coming from.  I haven't experienced back pain in awhile.  It could also be because I haven't taken my "regular" meds.  I didn't in fear of getting them caught in my new stomach, but today I will take them.

This morning was also a great accomplishment for me.  I had my first BM.  To me this is great news because I haven't eaten anything solid, therefore, I assume this is the fat leaving me???

Yesterday, I was at my Moms home.  Smelling all the good food they were making made me crave it.  Thank goodness I didn't make any dumb decisions.  I did however, get permission from the doctor's nurse to blend in a banana into my protein shake and that made it taste better.

Today is my brother Benjamin's three year anniversary of his Gastric Bypass Surgery.  Although he hasn't really kept it up as he should, he still has maintained the weight loss of about 1/2 his size.

Finally, my niece Delilah asked if I was feeling okay.  She said my face looked flushed.  The only thing I have been feeling is cold, but other than that I am okay.

4 comments:

  1. i read that old red blood cells make up part of stool. also, liquids can actually come out TOO solid if enough water is not also consumed, bc the body takes the water from your drink to prevent dehydration. did not verify any of that. i think the body uses stored fat for energy when needed.
    could the back pain be a delayed reaction to sleeping on a different mattress for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joann, that is good to know. Also thanks for following my blog and helping me through this process. I am forever grateful!

    The back pain, I still don't know... I have a return appointment on Wednesday and if it still persists, I'll ask the doctor. Hopefully it is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of our backs hurt after staying at one particular Hampton Inn a while back. if that is the problem, it should get much better really fast.
    thank YOU! for taking the time to write your thoughts and experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I evaluated a Hampton Inn not too long ago and yes they needed help. I hope my remarks about there hotel went somewhere other than the round file.

    Thanks to you. I appreciate your friendship!

    ReplyDelete