Weight Tracker

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Post Surgery Follow-Up (10/13/2011)

for those of you that have a Facebook account, thanks for reading my update and for posting your remarks.  I appreciate all of them.  This post however is for those who don't have that access. 

Today was my six-week followup appointment and weigh in.  Since I have not watched my diet, I kinda knew what the results would be and as we say in Spanish, dicho y hecho (said and true).  I lost only 3.5 pounds.  The reason this is so depressing is because the checkup before that, I lost 11 pounds.  The time before that was nine pounds! 

So what did I do wrong?  I ate "almost" like I did prior to surgery.  One day I had three tacos for dinner.  I should have stopped at one.  On another day, I had half of a chocolate croissant and so on.  What the heck was I thinking when I was eating this stuff?  I know better! 

On the bright side, and thanks to my Zumba classes, the 5K walk and dancing with my girlfriends, I lost some serious inches.  Three inches on my hips and two on my thighs.  In my view, excellent results! 

What can I do in the future?  I attribute my bad eating to stress.  Not that I stress out alot, however, when I do, I need to stop and recognize this and of course watch my eating.  I will of course continue my Zumba classes.  These are fun for me, so this part should be easy.  Finally, I need to return to the support group that I went to last week.  I liked the group and can see myself making friends with some of the people in the group. 

As for the rest of my appointment, my doctor reviewed my blood tests and although the cholesterol was slightly elevated, it wasn't enough to worry about.  We also discussed my thyroid and the medication I'm taking for that.  Basically, I'll be taking that med for awhile.  We also spoke about how good my blood pressure is doing.  I told him exactly four years ago it was at 198/?  The current reading is 116/70 which it has been consistently there for about a year now.  In fact, it is so good that my primary doctor took away one of my blood pressure meds.    

Last, but not least, my Lap Band doctor now has his own webpage with patient blogs on it.  I will be joining the blog community as one of his patients.  Here is the link in case you want to look it up:  http://www.marinaweightloss.com/

The following is my Weight and Measurements Chart: 




Goal:  195









Date Weight Bust Waist Hips Thigh BMI
Pre-Surgery 295 53 48 59 25  
6/1/2011 290 53 48 59 -- 49.9
6/15/2011 277 52 48.5 61.5 -- 47.5
7/21/2011 268.5 51 46 58.5 24.5 46.1
9/1/2011 257.5 49 46 56 25 44.2
10/13/2011 254 47.5 45 53 23 43.6
11/22/2011            
Totals: 41 5.5 3 6 2  













































































2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the horse and ride again. You can do this! I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Beth. You are a GREAT example for me!

    ReplyDelete