Weight Tracker

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday - Jan. 14, 2015

 January 8: Today I went to see my weight-loss surgeon, Dr. Sanchez. It was my post-op appointment to see how I was doing and to remove the drain. Boy, was I super-happy to have that thing off! Dr. Sanchez told me that having it removed would also remove the pain. I instantly felt better, but upon arriving home, I still took more pain meds just to deal with the residual effects of it all.

Another thing I found was that I was supposed to have a bowel movement by this time. Therefore, the doctor suggested I take some stool softener pills, drink more water, and walk around a lot more. I didn’t do the walking because I was so darn cold. Although water is my drink of choice—after coffee, of course—I had a hard time drinking it. I couldn’t drink coffee, according to the rules, and the water that I normally gulp down had to be drunk in a small capful. Boy, was that frustrating, and I just didn’t do it. I’m doing much better with water consumption today.

I mentioned the drain leaking in an earlier post. This of course will go away with its removal and healing.

Finally, I have this small bump on my left wrist or just above my wrist. I asked the RN if it was a bruised vein from the nurses’ trying to find a vein. She confirmed that, calling it a hematoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematoma).

The doctor told me that my weight loss is good for post-surgery, but that it would have been more had I taken more water. My follow-up appointment is in 30 days, with his nurse practitioner. I see the doctor and NP every other visit.

January 9: 1,250 steps is what it took for me to walk around my apartment complex. All I can say is, That was exhausting! The following link will lead you to my other walking events: http://www.mapmywalk.com/my_home/#user_dashboard



Regarding my weight loss, I discovered I was reading my scale incorrectly. Normally, a person gets on the scale and reads it. This scale, however, has options for other family members to record their weight. Therefore, I have to wait until the blue light shows up and then take a picture. Because of this, my previous weight measurements were wrong. However, the picture is correct.


Have a great week!  





No comments:

Post a Comment