Weight Tracker

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday - Jan. 7, 2015


I would like to start this post by thanking some very important people in my life.  Without stating their last names, I am sure they will know to whom I am referring.  These are the people who wrote to me with offers of help after my surgery.  Although I did not take them up on it, I still consider their thoughtfulness a blessing.  

- Without a doubt, my children have been the most helpful.  Thank you, Lupe and Daniel!  Rebekah had to return home, so she wasn’t available to do much.  

- Andi (Andrea).  Your honest and heartfelt offers were truly a blessing.  I was able to feel your honesty in each of them.  

- Stefanie, my Bella.  You are not only my sushi lunch friend; you also called and sent texts to check up on me.  

- Angelica.  Amongst all the things that keep her busy and with tax season coming up, she still found time to say hey.  

- Naomi.  Thank you for your text.  The fact that you sent a text and offered to help was great just the same!  

- Mario, “my brother from another mother.”  Thank you for checking up on me.  

- Maribel.  Thank you for the FB private message.  I appreciated your encouragement.  

- Lucy, my rediscovered friend.  Thank you for the text message and for checking up on me.  

- Constantino.  Thank you for the FB message.  

- Lupe, my old neighborhood friend.  Thank you for the FB message.  

- Thomas, from the old Ventura Group.  Thank you for the FB message and the encouragement.  

- Mickie.  Your prayers and hello were much appreciated.  

- Maria (Lupe).  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  

- Cande.  You called when I was post-surgery for two hours.  That was okay.  Even though I couldn’t answer your call, I appreciated the thought and the voicemail message.  

- Silencio, my new FB friend.  Thank you for the prayers and encouragement.  Si, Se Puede!  

- Aldo.  Thank you for thinking of me on my surgery date.  Your FB message was cool!  

- Leonard.  Thank you for the jokes and the text checking up on me.  I really appreciated it!  

- Eliseo.  Gracias por la llamada para saber como estaba.  

- Dan & Elisa.  Thanks for the home visit and the offer to pay for my mani/pedi.  

- Wowi (my momma).  Gracias por la vista y por el dinero que me diste para Navidad! 

- Ana.   Thank you for the private FB message checking up on me.  


POST-OPERATIVE PAIN  

 Surgery was on the 29th, and I came home on the 30th.  I didn’t realize it, but I was still flying high on the pain meds that were given to me, and I felt like Superwoman.  By Friday the 2nd, I had scheduled a shoe shop  in Newbury Park.  I was aware of the meds, so being as my son Daniel had the day off, I had him drive me around.  It wasn’t easy, but we did it.  

On Saturday the 3rd, I went to Ventura to have my roots colored and hair curled.  Who does that?  I still had my post surgery drain on and had to hide it from the students.  It was all worth it, however, because the ladies did a fantastic job on my hair.  

On Sunday the 4th, I had four restaurant shop assignments (two breakfasts and two dinners) and two grocery store assignments.  By this time, I was feeling invincible and drove myself.  Of course, I was off the liquid pain meds by then, so I was not a risk to other drivers.  

Monday the 5th had me back in the doctor’s office visiting his RN.  My drain incision had been leaking all this time.  By email, she had been informing me what to do and how to care for it; however, by the time Monday rolled around, I had to see her.  Also, by that time, I was in severe pain again.  There must be a reason why they tell you to sit and relax.  Well, I found out the hard way.  After I saw the RN and, yes, conducted one more shopping assignmnet on my calendar, I went home, took some pain medicine, and fell asleep!  

It is now Wednesday the 7th. My boys have come to visit, which is very nice, but I am feeling a bit of cabin fever.  Therefore, I took a load of wash and said hello to a couple of the seniors sitting around my apartment complex.  I haven’t told any of the “regulars” that I talk to about my surgery, so, of course, they wonder and ask how I’m doing.  I just tell them I’m tired, which is true, of course.  

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

I have decided to post a scale picture of what I weigh each Wednesday.  Pre-surgery, I was 260 lbs.  In order to get approval for surgery, I needed to lose 10 lbs., being at 250 lbs. or less.  The liquid diet allowed me to lose more weight, and I was at 239.6 lbs. on the day of my surgery.  Today, I am 227.8 lbs., a whopping 32 lbs. total or 11.8 lbs. post-surgery!  I thank you in advance for your congratulations!  

Last but not least, I would like to thank the following people who wrote on my hospital posts by either liking them or by making a comment: 

Karen A; Juanita F; Leonard A; Timothy B; Cecilia A; Paula S; Carrie B; Linda R; Ruben C; Juanita C; Aldo C; Jeannette C; Jose C; Minna C; Lupe A; Angie C; Sally B; Adele S; Rita G; Ingrid W; Exie D; Betty E; Ojay F; Andrea F; Leticia F; Diana R; Dianne C; Veronica F; Melba F; Constantino G; Dagoberto F; Maryzol G; Sanjuana G; Carmen G; Ramiro G; Tom H; Maria R; Janice H; Maria I; Arlene J; AlexSandra E; Juanita L; Bertha L; Judy M; Vilma L; Luz L; Patty M; Malu M; Patsy M; Maribel M; Stella M; Mickie M; Mario M; Kennia M; David M; Nancy M; Joe M; Kay H; Grace R; Janine M; Cindy Ojeda; Jesus O; Thomas O; Lonny P; Mary O; Jen P; Linda H; Silencio P; Katrina P; Carmen R; Jorge R; Ana S; Karen R; Patricia R; Susie R; Mary Ellen R; Estella T; JoAnn Foster; Berdy S; Lisa W; Maria Lupe V; Joann T; Rosie T; Rami M; Dora V; Lucy V; Michelle W; Beth W; Jeff W; Kathy W; Connie C; Jay and Gina Z.  










2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed! I know it has not been easy... You are an inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete