Weight Tracker

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pre-work for Surgery

I am finally done with all the pre-work.  Here is a list of what was required:

- two Sleep Studies.  One without a mask and one with. 
- Cardiology clearance - this doctor was a lot of fun.  Because of the results of the initial exam, I had to go in for an additional study and that was nasty.  The fluid they put into my veins made my heart simulate me running or exercising at a high speed.  Talk about uncomfortable!
- Visit  with a psychologist.  This was easier than I had anticipated.  I expected that they would make me talk about the recent deaths in my family and that I would lose it.  It all turned out okay and I passed with flying colors. 
- Visit with a nutritionist - this will be an ongoing process, however, we had to have an initial meet and greet. 
- an Upper GI was ordered and that all went well.  Of course, it goes without saying that the chalky tasting stuff they give you to drink during this x-ray is Nasty! 
- a Mammogram was also ordered, however, it was time for that anyway. 
- finally, my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) doctor wanted me to take a neck x-ray.  She wanted to make sure that my neck would survive the surgery. 

Next up:
- an all day appointment at hospital and doctors office next door for a pre-assessment and lab work if any.  This will happen on June 1st. 
- surgery is currently scheduled  for June 6th.  My children will join me and bring me home. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I did not realize it was so much work to just get ready and approved for the process! I will be thinking of you the day of surgery and am here if you need someone for support or to vent to..
    I look forward to seeing pictures of you from atop a roller coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee, that is very nice of you! Don't forget to join this blog that way you won't miss my posts.

    ReplyDelete