Weight Tracker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tarantula Hill



One of my pre-surgery goals is to hike the Santa Monica Mountains. I decided that taking baby steps would be suitable in this case. I had to stop several times, but I conquered it! This hill basically shoots straight up in a circular path. Once on top, you reach a chain link fence stopping people from accessing an underground water well. The view from the top is amazing! In one direction I was able to see the Santa Monica Mountains. Of course the 101 Freeway and Lynn Road were easily seen and busy with traffic.

This was an awesome experience and hope to duplicate it soon. By the way, the sore muscles go away in three days.

My next goal; Wildwood Regional Park.

1 comment:

  1. My sister and I hiked out to the falls in wildwood park this weekend. It was a lot of fun and not as hard as I was afraid it would be. When your ready, go for it, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete